The Foundation Stage Curriculum is followed from Pre-school right the way through to the end of the Reception year, and is based on the following areas of learning:
3 Prime areas of learning enable children to be curious, enthusiastic, form relationships and build capacity to learn.
- Communication and Language
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Physical Development
4 Specific areas of learning strengthen and allow application of the above.
- Literacy – Sounds and Letters
- Understanding the World – Includes all Foundation subjects
- Expressive arts and design